Saturday, February 18, 2012

Jewlery Designer Shourouk!

 Style Eternity recently had the privilege of interviewing the extremely talented designer of Shourouk! The Parisian-Tunisian designer's creations are each extremely unique and beautiful. Before launching her own label the designer created jewels for Chloe, Galliano and Cavalli. Take a look at the one-of-a-kind pieces on net-a-porter


How has your heritage as Tunisian influenced your style ?
Being a native from Nabeul, a city famous for its embroidery knowledge, I’ve learned techniques there and have always find the traditionnal Tunisian garment really inspiring.

What pushed you to start your own jewelry line ?
I’ve always wanted to start my own company, then when I began realizing  embroideries for Chloé and Galliano, I knew that my dream was just ahead of me. It gave me the urge to start my jewelry line using the knowledge I learned in embroidery for garments, introducing it in accessories. 



Your pieces are each extremely unique. Who or what inspires you ?
I get inspired by many things, born in Paris, I feel like a true parisian girl, I like the classicism of the city mixed with the big melting-pot of cultures you find in each area. I am also  travelling a lot for my work and I’ve always been inspired by the Indian culture. As a child, I discovered the Bollywood movies, the colors, the rich outfits, the amazing choregraphy then as a grown up I went to India, and felt in love with this contrasted country. From the Maharadjas palaces to the shanty town, inspiration is always around the corner, they have a proper kitsch culture combine to a rich history, which is an inexhaustible source of inspiration for a designer.

What advice would you give to those aspiring to be in the fashion industry ?
Be curious, open-minded, stand for what you are as the designer, make the best out of any experiences you’ll get and when you design something don’t be shy, just go for it !
                                                         


What words do you think every girl should live by ?
Always live with a twist of craziness.

What are some future plans for the brand that we should be looking out for ?
We’re currently working on a two exciting projects with Net a porter and Shanghai Tang! So be sure to hear from us in the next few months !



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow my blog with bloglovin